Followers

Translate

Saturday, 5 March 2016

"Is It Wedgewood???????"


 Morning all, hope you are all fit and well today. If you have any snow, let's hope it goes soon. 

Today's blog has been inspired by Jonathon Lockwood (johnnextdoor).

He is a very talented man, and is renown for his boxes. This one come from seeing his blog (some of you may have seen him demonstrating this on Hochanda)

Luckily for me, my friend had this die, so i was able to create the same shaped box. 

I've done mine in cream and blue, which looks like wedgewood doesn't it?

I've done different flowers and foilage to John, and also had to do the lid differently, because although John had very kindly shared the template and the score measurements, if I had done as per instructions, the lid would have covered the pattern at the top. So i have done a different lid (a bit like a teapot lid, in that the sides fit inside the box, with a flat lid onto....hope that makes sense)
 sorry didn't realise this photo is a bit blurred, but you get the idea.
 Views from the sides, only one panel is decorated.



John's original box and template. If you haven't come across John before, check his blog out :












Have a wonderful weekend. x

6 comments:

  1. Your box is beautiful Jan and yes it dies resemble Wedgwood. I love watching John on Hochanda, very talented man.
    Enjoy your weekend to Jan especially tomorrow. I am of to a know your sewing machine day and tomorrow both my children and families are coming. Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan bit late today as I have been to a Christine Emberson workshop today which was most enjoyable. Your box is super. This lattice die is on my wish list as it does seem very versatile in use. The colours you have used are so soft and feminine best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Janice your box is stunning, love it. Hazel X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I've been missing your blog for a while Life and all that - you know
    Your box is beautiful and equally as good as John's I must have a try

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzer!! this box is absolutely stunning Janice… so intricate and elegant… love the Wedgewood colours! :-)
    Hope you have a good week
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janice
    Blimey, I thought you'd gone all formal on us as I thought it was just his Mum called him Johnathan lol!
    Gorgeous take on John's box and equally as brilliant.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete