Followers

Translate

Tuesday, 15 March 2016

Last Of The Stash.....


 Morning all, another day and another card using the Hunkydory kit.
I must confess that I'm not too happy with this card.
It's too busy and the colours trouble me too.
I think the problem is that the background paper has two main colours, a pinky peach & a bluey mauve. I don't think these colours work well together, but i tried to accommodate them both with the extras that i've added 
 I've used pink & mauve mirri card for the trellis and butterflies.
Please let me know your suggestions as to how i can improve this card (even if it's "start again" lol )

BTW, re the die used yesterday, the size of the card is 9.25 x 7 inches, but the dies come in larger & smaller sizes then I've used, the largest being 11.5 x 7.5 inches and the smallest 0.5 x 1 inch.


Have a good day. x

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jan,
    nothing wrong with your colours it's a lovely card.
    Perhaps if you try and put some little flowers in the left hand top corner instead of the flower images or different shape images you may find you like it more.
    I do hope that helps.
    Love the beautiful background with all those cute butterflies, and your triangular corner also.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan, it is a nce card, I understand where you are coming from. Maybe stagger the trhee rose images down the page to meet the roses on the paper of the same colour, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Jan,

    Thanks for giving the sizes of the dies. Your today's card is pretty but a little busy for me, maybe the trellis is a little strong. But I am sure the receiver will be pleased with it.

    Enjoy your day.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Jan, I don't like to be negative but as you have asked..... I would leave off the pink trellis and try making the border into flags hanging down from the top and the panels more central. It's one of those where you need to keep placing things in different positions taking a quick picture each time until you reach one that looks right! have fun, Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant, love this, the colours, and design is gorgeous.xx
     {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete