Followers

Translate

Sunday, 27 March 2016

Using a Die as a Template.....



Morning all, and a very happy Easter Sunday.


For those of you who follow my blog regularly, you will have seen me making a bag using the Tonic dies. These bags are lovely but their dimensions are only 4 x 2 x 3.5 inches. Alright for a couple of little cream eggs, but not big enough for a proper easter egg !!!!.

So I use the dies as templates. I run each die piece off using white card. Then i marked off the score lines in a black pen. Then using my photocopier enlarged each piece until i was happy with the size. Because these dies are not intricate (apart from the centre panel piece, which i didn't use), i was able to cut out the template pieces quite easily.


I altered the top of the bag slightly, so that it was more boxier.  I also made my own buckle by using 2 rectangle layering dies together to make a frame and then adding a small strip across the centre. The strap across the top of the bag is just a strip of patterned card layered onto a plain piece of card. I then just shaped the end, so that it would feed through the buckle with ease.



The dimensions of this bag is now 7.5 x 3.5 x 5.5 inches.
 
Have a brilliant day......and don't eat all your Easter eggs in one go......make then last !!!! xx

2 comments:

  1. Wow, suitcases next!! Great idea though Jan, best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice, you are so like myself, I look to see if I can alter things. You have done a fab job altering your little bag to make a bigger one to hold more.
    Hazel X

    ReplyDelete