Followers

Translate

Wednesday, 6 April 2016

A Different Sort of Card for Me.....

 Morning all, half way through the week today, and looking forward to tomorrow, when i will be going to Excel Craft Show. Got 2 free tickets, so only need travel money & spending money !!!!!! Actually haven't got anything on my list to buy.....but I'm sure I will come back with something !!!!

On to today's card.

I normally only do straight-forward cards, 8 x 8, square, but i was originally looking at the Crafters companion - downton abbey die that i was showing the other day (scroll down to "coffee & cream"). I was wondering if i could do 2 flaps with the die, but as it's only 6 inches long, i might leave that to another time.

So i had an A3 piece of lilac card, and i have folded in each side...but left a small space in between at the front. The back piece is 8 x 8, and each side is just over 3.5 inches wide.  In my stash i had a sheet of trellis card. So i have covered one side in the trellis and added flowers and scrolls. The flowers are a die by Sue Wilson, where there are 2 parts:- the main flower shape, and a second outline piece that goes over the top. I have used some paper that feels like vellum, but is a bit thicker for the flowers, and have used spare lilac card for the outlines.
 It's quite time consuming making the flowers, but they look good once complete. I have added a white flat backed pearl in the centre of each flower. I have also used the vellum paper for the scrolls under the flowers. They look a lot softer, rather than using white card.
 On the other half of the card I have added this teddy from Trimcraft and decoupaged it slightly. ( I never use all the decoupage pieces as it makes the card really thick.)
 I have used a mauve glitter gel pen on the noses of the toys in the bag, around the teddy shape and also on the "happy birthday" sentiment. 4 more flat backed white pearls in each corner of this half of the card completes the decorations.
A close-up of the flower.

Enjoy your day. I will report back on Excel when I can. 
Bye for now. x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jan it's great how things come together from a funny start. The flowers on the trellis look great as does the decoupage. Enjoy Excel look forward to seeing your goodies. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan,

    Stunning card, love the die and flowers. Loved your felt owls too, so pretty.
    Enjoy your time at the craft show and have a great day

    Love & hUgs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    Ahhhh, good old Fizzy Moon (used to stock em when I worked at The Range))
    Great card Jan!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete