Followers

Translate

Tuesday, 26 April 2016

Butterflies Delight......

 Morning all, here is a little sample of the new stencil that I bought on Sunday. It's a metal stencil from Sweet Poppy. It's quite large, measuring at 14.5 x 19.5 cms. 

I used a magnetic sheet behind the card and stencil to help achieve a better result. The stencil "sticks" to the magnetic sheet through the card, so that it doesn't lift when using. I used Sweet Poppy Glossy White paste, then lifted off the stencil and sprinkled with some cosmic shimmer mica powders. I used a heat gun and heated from behind the card to start with (to stop the powders blowing away). Then i heated from above and this made the white paste "bubble up" creating a good texture.
 Once dried, i used a tissue to buff the area, making the mica powders shine. You cant really see from the photo.
A lovely result. I will try some different techniques next time, so please pop by often. 

See you soon, and thanks for visiting. xx

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Janice. Love your family of bears I wonder if you will sell them when the time comes I know I woukd want to keep them. Look forward to seeing what you do with the Robin and Scottie dog.
    Enjoy the day,
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE the effect you have achieved on your project. I really must get out of my "comfort zone" and try something like this.
    Have good day
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan,
    what a brilliant creation, and such a wonderful design.
    Love all those very fab butterflies.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice
    Absolutely beautiful. Fabulous effect with the mica too.
    Love that stencil!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete