Followers

Translate

Friday, 15 April 2016

Groovi Baby.......


 Morning all, Friday here again, my how the days fly by.....

I don't think anyone who crafts has not heard of the "Groovi plates". Loads of my friends are totally hooked on this new craft sensation, and have bought loads of groovi plates. That's lucky for me, as i can borrow theirs !!!!!!

I meet up on a Wednesday evening with 3 other friends for a crafting session. This Wednesday, after they had gone to Ally Pally, we had an evening doing Groovi.....

I must admit, for some reason, it doesn't seem to be my "thing". We all are different, that's what makes the world go around....as they say. Anyhow, i joined in and did this lovely bird. I have used my promarkers to colour in from the back of the piece, so that the white still shows through strong on the front.
 My friend Sally, who used to do parchment, had all the tools of the trade, so I was able to do a fancy edge around the picture. I know that normally you would use scissors to then cut it out, but I decided to leave it as a pattern around the edge. I then used the Sue Wilson Noble die to cut a bigger frame around the piece. I have mounted it onto white card, by using photo corners in pink, that i have had for ages. 
 I enjoyed doing this, on this occasion, but I don't think I will be buying any Groovi plates...... I will just borrow them again from my friends LOL !!!
Have a good weekend. Hope the weather stays nice for you. If it's raining, you'll just have to stay in and craft !!!!! x

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jan, here nursing babs as I very slowly blog hop, tablet very slow. Go home tomorrow evening. Thought about Groovi plates but may be a waste as I already have all parch tools. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan,
    what a very wonderful card, and super use of the Groovi plates.
    Love your fab design of that wonderful bird.
    I am pants at Parchment craft as I have a too heavy hand for it, and go right through the parchment.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a little "play" on a friend's Groovi I'm not sure it's be my "thing" either but what I see when on TV I really fancy it Your picture is lovely I love your teddy and scottie dog are gorgeousl glad to hear sons are getting better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice
    Not my thing either but you have made a super card.
    Love the First Edition Bird Song paper you have used too.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete