Followers

Translate

Saturday, 30 April 2016

Multi-Coloured Card !!!!










Morning all, well the last day of April today, another month that has flown by!!

I stitched this card using a multi-coloured thread. The thread contained blue, pink, green & orange. I then used a  lilac thread below the coloured row at top, bottom & sides, and a darker mauve thread across the corners.




Once i had done the stitching, i then had to try and find something that would go with it LOL !!!. 

I must remember to choose my topper, before i choose my thread !!

Anyhow, I looked through my LOTV topper pads and found this image. I used an octagon die to cut the shape, and then a sharpie pen to ink around the edges.

This tied in the blue of the thread together with the image and the sharpie pen.

 I then used a corner punch in the corner of the stitched piece, and the layering blue piece. I found this small multi coloured dotty paper in my stash (i think was a freebie in a magazine). I used an orange sharpie pen to draw a border around the edge, to try and tie in with the orange thread. I used different coloured gems on each corner, as well as a yellow gem on the flower in the topper.

It might look a bit too busy for some of you..... haven't quite decided if it's ok or not !!

Have a good weekend, let's hope the weather improves for the bank holiday Monday. x

4 comments:

  1. Love it Jan, so pretty and once again your stitching is perfect, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful, the colours are great.

    Have a good weekend.

    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Jan well I think the stitching is perfect for the image. Really summery card. Have a good weekend best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice
    Not busy at all. Its brilliant!
    Your stitched cards are always a triumph.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete