Followers

Translate

Sunday, 3 April 2016

Up-cycling an Old Box......



Good Morning to you all this Sunday. Yesterday was a lovely day, weather wise, here in Kent, i hope you had a good day too.


I had a delivery yesterday (not craft stuff this time LOL !!). The box was made of quite a good quality cardboard and the dimensions were good too, 10 x 6.5 x 2.75 inches, so I thought i would keep it as a storage box in my craft room. Of course i could have left it white......but i decided to use crafters companion papers to decorate inside & out of the box........


 before......
This is the end result.......


 I used washi tape around the edges too, just to give it a stronger finish, as the box was originally a flat packed one. The lid sides fit inside the box. There were 2 flaps that originally feed into the sides of the box bottom, but as i had decorated all around the bottom piece, i cut them off and put a velcro dot in place to hold the flap down.

I don't know whether to decorate with flowers, or just do a label for what's inside......once i've found something....... oh well, an enjoyable saturday afternoon spent crafting..... lol. x

Enjoy your Sunday Roast.....beef for us today. x

6 comments:

  1. Your new box is great and will be useful in your craft room. We had a lovely day here yesterday and after my 4 hours work in the charity shop (got some nice gold and silver card) did some gardening.
    Enjoy your beef I am going out to lunch with my DD ab DGD.
    Enjoy the day.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan,
    what a wonderful project, and your have done such a super job of it.
    Love the paper used, and the colour choice.
    Will be a lovely edition to your craft room, and super use of something that would be thrown away.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jan wonderful way to reuse the box and we all need storage! Did a Brusho workshop yesterday which was interesting and we have a lovely sunny morning g today so bed changed and washing on the line in case it is raining come Tuesday which is my usual housework day. I shifted a big storage box of 12x12 pads a few days ago and seem to have pulled a muscle or something as I can't get comfortable in any position so may not get anything else done today. Certainly won't be mowing the lawn which is what really needs doing. Still a few more days won't hurt. Enjoy your roast best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you have done with this box. I have a few like that and about the same size I picked up at a garden centre which had had sweets in them. Keep looking at them and think I should cover them. Will give it a go now I have seen yours. At the moment they are just the right size for my Family History journals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea Jan, have to say I keep boxes but only in case I have to send anything in the post, never thought of decorating one to keep lol! It looks beautiful.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janice
    Recycling at its best and beautifully decorated.
    Reminds me of when I actually kept 2 strips removeable tape from a delivery.......that's really tightfisted isn't it lol?
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete