Followers

Translate

Monday, 9 May 2016

Octagon Card with Rennie Mackintosh stamps......
 Morning all, hope you all enjoyed the lovely sunny weather that we've just had. Although if you are in Ireland, then you would have had rain!!!
My eldest son has just been to Dublin for the weekend, I think it rained all the time.

Back to today's card. I don't normally buy a stamping magazine, mainly because I'm not very good at stamping. I know i should practice more.....but it's just one of those things. Anyway, I saw "Creative Stamping magazine - issue 30"on sale last week, and with it came a whole large sheet of stamps with the Rennie Mackintosh theme. So I couldn't resist. In the magazine were pages of ideas on how to use the stamps, so a good magazine to buy, even at £7.99.  I combined the stamps with the "Crealies patchwork octagon die", which has several layering pieces.
I cut the largest die into my card blank to give me a shaped card. Then cut out some layering pieces in black & white card stock. I put the 2 shaped pieces together and using one of the stamps, stamped across both pieces at once. Then i separated them and stamped across the middle rectangle piece. I used the border stamp across the centre. 
 On this side i used an embossing ink and white embossing powder on the image for a different effect. 

Come back tomorrow for another card using the stamps and dies. x


3 comments:

  1. It looks very pretty Jan, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Jan, who's getting this one for their Birthday hint hint!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    Splendid card and stamps.
    Love the octagon shape too. Very classy!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete