Followers

Translate

Tuesday, 31 May 2016

Sorry....A Little Late.......

 Morning all....(just!!), sorry I'm a bit late with my blog today. I hadn't actually got anything lined up to show today, but I had ordered this lovely Sue Wilson "Mini Striplets-intertwining circles" die, and it arrived in the post this morning.


So, I couldn't wait to make a card!!!!!

I cut the die using black card for my main frame, then cut it out again in red & silver mirri card. I used double sided adhesive sheet onto the black card, so that i could stick the red & silver mirri "waste" into it. Because I had used the adhesive sheet, I could then sprinkle glamour dust glitter over it. Then I stuck it onto the backing paper. 
 I cut two circles in white & black card and then 2 sentiments in red & black card. The sentiment is off-set to give a shadow.
I love the fact that you can still see the backing paper behind the glamour dust sparkle.

I can see me using this die a lot in the future !!!

Hope you're having better weather where you are.....it's been raining here in Kent since early hours this morning.....and doesn't seem to be stopping any time soon. 

Last day of May.........roll on June and hot weather. x

5 comments:

  1. Lovely card Jan, love this striplet, cxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Jan thought of Rene Mackintosh has soon as I saw it. Interesting way you have made the card and very effective.

    It's been raining here to since I got up and still raining.
    I do hope next month will be better.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow… this is stunning Jan… love your new die and it looks so good with the black and red contrast! :-)
    Hope you have a good week!
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan just love love love this card. Every time I flit about online to buy this striplet it is always sold out but if is a timely reminder to try again. The way you have put the colours together is great. Like you had absolutely awful weather yesterday here in Suffolk. Woke about 5am with thunder rain and wind and it didn't stop until about 1pm and continued drizzling all afternoon and it is still drizzling this morning and very grey. Think we have had our summer now!!Still I have to do some crafting as I had a call at the weekend from the churchwarden as they have decided to have a fete on 18th June so would I like to have a table for my craft things. Not a lot of notice but I have lots of things left from Christmas. Have a good day best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janice
    Great card. Made me think of retro wallpaper.
    Hope you did well on your stall.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete