Followers

Translate

Wednesday, 15 June 2016

Dimensions for the Sewing Kit.....


Morning all, thanks for all your comments yesterday regarding the sewing kit/ manicure kit. Patricia has asked for measurements.....so I will try !!!!!

1 sheet of A4 card, cut in half (short edge - so about 4.2 ins (10.5 cm)) then cut the length to 9 ins.

Score both pieces @ 6.2 cm , 6.8 cm, 13.2 cm, 14.4 cm and 20.6 cm.
IT HAS TO BE PRECISE !!!!!

Then stick the 2 ends together (2.5 cm end). The small pockets are all 5.5 cm x 4.5 cm. Score 3 sides at 0.5 cm. I covered the front and back of all panels, plus all the front pockets. Then added a strip of ribbon across the 3 middle panels at back. (that means the double piece that is stuck together plus a panel each side).


I hope that was easy to follow........I'm not in John Lockwood's league LOL !!!! x

3 comments:

  1. Janice, thank,you very much for the sizes and details.
    I love making these sort of things.
    Have saved the details for future use.
    Have a great day
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Janice,

    I don't know what is happening but I left a comment yesterday on the lovely sewing kits saying how useful they would be and would make a lovely gift for someone in hospital, now I see it has disappeared.
    Thank you so much for giving the instructions you are very kind for it must have taken you awhile to work it out. I am sure they will be a good seller at your next craft fair.
    Keeping my fingers crossed this will stay on your blog.
    Enjoy the day.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might have a go myself sometime!

    ReplyDelete