Followers

Translate

Friday, 10 June 2016

Happy Ever After........


 Morning all, another working week coming to an end. Hope your week has gone well so far.

I've been a bit absent for most of this week.....there are 2 reasons for that. The first reason is because the weather has been so nice here in Kent, I've taken advantage and sat out in the garden soaking up the rays !!! The second reason, is that I have started to knit a dress for myself !! I've never knitted a dress or even a skirt before, but the pattern that i have chosen was so nice I decided to take the plunge. It's knitted using a cotton ply wool and is in shades of purple/mauve in a zig-zag design. I'm knitting it on round needles and 288 stitches per row at the moment, which takes about 10 mins to do a row!!!!

Anyhow, I took time out on Wednesday night, to join friends for a crafting evening. 

This is the card I created.

Using Sue Wilson "Special Occasion Collection - ornate frames happily ever after" and "Configurations - dainty lace edger" dies.
 Its an 8 x 8 card, using cream and raspberry card-stock.
Have a wonderful weekend.....i will try and do some more crafting soon.x

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card Jan, love how you have used the centre twice and twisted it. Glad it was only you enjoying the sunshine for your absence and not you feeling unwell. Have a nice weekend.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Jan. I smiled at your comment at the end of your post. You make it sound as though knitting is not a Craft!! A dress is not something I'd even contemplate, I'm doing some baby cardigans for next Saturday's fete and that is big enough@ Have a good weekend best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    Wow, a very Sue-esque card. A real smasher! Perfect colour choice.
    My grandma's friend crocheted me a dress when I was 2. I strolled into the hotel paddling pool in it on holiday before my Mum could stop me and when I got dragged out the dress had stretched down to my feet lol!
    I'm guessing you're not probably planning on swimming in yours though lol!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete