Followers

Translate

Monday, 11 July 2016

"Be a Deer" .........

 Morning all, do you like the heading for today's blog ???? My youngest son always starts the sentence with "Mum, be a dear......" when he wants me to do something for him.....like fetch him a drink when he is upstairs and i'm down....or when he wants something ironed quickly as he wants to go out, so I thought I would have a play on words for this deer LOL !!!!

This is a new die from "Tutti designs" called "scrolly deer edge". I cut out the deer twice....once the right way and once the wrong way, so that i would have a mirror image. To hide the cutting marks i then run both pieces through with an embossing folder. I used an A4 piece of dotted blue card and scored each side to form a edge for the deer to sit on. Once stuck down, I cut around the bottom to add a different look to the card. I haven't, as yet, put anything inside the card....will probably run off a sentiment later.
 Not Sure if you can see the embossed easily.
 I used a silver gel pen to draw around each image. I also cut the deer out twice in silver mirri card and used the "waste" to fill in on the deer's body.
Sue Wilson flag die and a sentiment completes this quick card.

Time is rolling on.....need to get a move on with the Christmas cards....so watch this space !!!!! x


3 comments:

  1. Loved the heading Jan. The card is great and well thought out.

    I am of to my sisters for a few days tomorrow and she is like you has lots of dies etc so I am going to Play, Play for a few days.

    Enjoy the day.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful design Jan, lovely die, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    Great card. Love how you have shaped the card around the reindeer.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete