Followers

Translate

Sunday, 10 July 2016

Jolly Santa......


 Morning all, hope you are all well & happy this Sunday.

Here is a quick card using Tonic & Sue Wilson....new Christmas dies. The santa by Tonic has such a lovely expression. I die cut it in red, black & white card...then filled in the separate parts with the different colours to achieve the look that I wanted.  I used Tattered lace layered dies to mount him on and some holly backing paper to add a pattern to the card.
 Sue Wilson's new poinsettia dies are lovely....I can see me making these in other colours....not just for Christmas. The little sprigs of holly are from Tonic Holly Bouquet...which I've just snipped off a few bits.
A sprinkling of glitter on the beard, hat, coat & boot cuffs, completes the card.


As for the craft fairs Friday and Saturday....... Well, a bit of a mixed lot on both days. Friday evening was a "Pamper Night", with lots of treatments going on in the hall.....and lot's of wine flowing LOL !!!. Had lot's of interest, lots of good comments, but not a lot of buying .....but having said that, did make some money. 

Saturday, was a school fun day. This was held outside, and after last weekend where I got soaked, the weather forecast was good, so I took a chance. The children were all interested in the bouncy castles etc, so buying was very slow for the first couple of hours, but in the last hour there seemed to be a buying frenzy, where the children couldn't wait to spend all their money....so did rather well at the end. Although I must admit I was getting worried !!

That's it now until September, unless I find any more to do. Hopefully from then should be the start of Christmas buying, so will just have to see how things progress.

I must say, that doing Friday evening and then Saturday day was very tiring. Don't feel that I've been at home for days.....and the washing, ironing etc still needs to be done !! Oh well, must get on now.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving comments. x

5 comments:

  1. What a jolly looking Santa Janice, the flowers are beautiful. Glad you had a fairly good two days, at least people saw what you had to offer and might contact you privately and the rain did hold of.
    Enjoy today.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveely card Jan. Glad it was a reasonable sale for you, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the piecing of your Santa Jan and the tiger tissue box is just fabulous. Glad all in all the fayres went well. Hope you are taking it easy today, forget the housework you'll only have to do it all again in another few days!! Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like the Santa card! I remember when my parents used to do craft markets, it was an absolute killer when they had a 2 day fair, or even worse, 2 one day fairs in different places! But hopefully they were worthwhile for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janice
    Lovely card and a jolly Santa.
    Glad your stalls were a success. You deserved it.
    Housework is slow going for me at the minute so just do a bit at a time like me lol!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete