Followers

Translate

Thursday, 28 July 2016

Re-Done Male Card......

 Morning all, a quick blog today. After the card that I made for my ex- Father-in-law yesterday, i sat and looked at it....but wasn't happy with it.

You know how it is sometimes.....there was something not quite right......so I've made a very similar card, and I'm much happier with this one.
I used one of my new embossing folders that I bought at Sandown. It's by "Crafts too" and is called "A2 Modern Lattice".  I used a similar image from LOTV, and again divided it into 3 pieces which i layered onto green textured card.
I did a double word effect, but instead of having the darker colour behind to show shadow, I put the lighter colour behind to high-light. I also coloured in the small sections of the embossed card, using a white gel pen.

Much happier with this effort.... what do you think?
Which do you prefer   blue or green ? 

Thanks for popping by. xx

3 comments:

  1. I couldn,t see anything wrong with first one but still another great card, I do like this way of cutting an image into three. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan,

    Gorgeous cards, love the triple image. They are both great but I have to say the word 'DAD' did not go with the first card, perhaps because it was so big, I dont know, who am I to judge?!!! It looks better now and as I said both great cards hun. This is by no way a critism, your cards are always beautiful, I just prefer the smaller Happy Birthday lol!

    Love & hUgs

    jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    I did like the first one but having seen the second, I see what Jacquie means.
    So, maybe the first one without the big Dad on it or if unaltered, the blue one.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete