Followers

Translate

Friday, 5 August 2016

Another Use for the Red Tape Inner Plastic Ring.......

Morning all, Friday here again and the first week of August about to end.

I've often sold my unwanted dies on ebay and quite often I'll look through and see if anything is worth buying. I bought this "Creative Dies - Festive Scene" die for 99p with free postage. It probably was free with some magazine - but well worth the 99p. It measures 3 inches in diameter.  I've cut it using navy, pale blue, & green cardstock. I cut a circle out of silver mirri card and applied a sheet of double sided adhesive over the top. Then I added the die cut bits to create the scene. On the windows I've added gold leaf flakes, and rubbed into the windows. Over the "holes" in the sky, and the fence panels I've added glamour dust. I then used a quickie glue pen and highlighted the tops of the trees and the rooftops of the houses, with glamour dust.

 To make it into a snow globe, I've stuck one of the inner reels off a red tape, onto the scene. Once dry, I've laid it flat and added some Cosmic Shimmer "glacier ice". Then I cut a circle from snowdrop acetate and stuck that down on top of the inner reel. Once dried I've added another inner reel to "seal" the whole piece. Because the reels were the thinnest red tape, they don't sit too proud of the card, unlike pre-formed plastic globes. I'm please with the result. 


For the wording I've cut two from the Elizabeth Crafts die, one in silver Mirri and one in navy blue, and off-set them.

Going to "Crafts u Love" in Surrey tomorrow for a demo day, so hopefully will pick up some good ideas. I will let you know how I got on. x

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a bargain, lovely card, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card so much detail, clever way to use the inner reel. Yes the die was certainly a bargain could be used anytime.
    Enjoy the show and look forward to hearing about the tips.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete