Followers

Translate

Tuesday, 2 August 2016

With Love & Best Wishes.......


 Morning all, another card using the bits from Hunkydory that I've had for a while.

This time I've layered onto navy cardstock, and added the wording "with love and best wishes" using a tattered lace die. These dies are great - The set is called "Sentiment borders" and you get 8 different sentiments - the dies are longer too at approx 8.25 inches, which is ideal for me as i often do 8 x 8 cards.
 With the topper, I have stuck the outer edge directly onto the backing card, the next layer I have used foam pads to raise it, and finally with the last (centre piece) I have used double foam pads to raise it even more.
The craft fair was ok. It was held in a community hall, where the old folk, could gather for a coffee & a chat. They were more interested in getting new batteries for their hearing aids, rather than buy stuff, but seemed interested. We've decided to do a couple more in the run up to Christmas to see if we do better. As it was our first time there - people didn't know what we would be selling etc , so hopefully next month will bring their purses with them. It was a nice friendly environment, with refreshments, homemade jams, plants and a clothes stand. 

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely Jan, although I,m not a great lover of HD when I used some of mine I did enjoy it, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan,
    what a very lovely design.
    HD do do some lovely sets, but I don't very often buy them as I never use them all up and they languish in a drawer for ages till I need to use that type of card.
    I must admit I did buy there Art Deco recently as it's my sister's 70th this December and she loves anything Art Deco.
    Your craft fair sounds wonderful and isn't it wonderful to be doing it again in a months time.
    Did you manage to make the Fridge Magnet Crochet Butterflies?
    If you didn't I have put some more instrutions on my Header Pages and where to get the magnets for the back.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    Another lovely card. I would've thought cards would do quite well with the old folk as they've probably got the knitting and crochet covered (not trying to stereotype lol!).
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete