Followers

Translate

Thursday, 1 September 2016

Gingerbread Man........


Morning all, 1st September today, the start of a new month.......lots happening this month.......I've got 5 craft fairs to do, my husband will be retiring from work (by which I mean he will no longer be travelling to work, but instead will be doing lots of jobs indoors LOL !!) and it's my brothers silver wedding anniversary.

I'm planning to bring out all my Christmas bits and pieces that I've been busy making to the craft fairs at the end of the month....and will continue just doing christmassy bits right up to December, when I've got 2 craft fairs booked in.

Here is one of the Christmas goods. A gingerbread man. I found free pattern on line....cant remember if it was pinterest, ravelry or deramores. He is quite large at 10.5 inches tall. He was meant to be knitted on double pointed needles, but I choose to do on a round knitted needle - not so fiddly. I've sewn ric-rac around the arms and legs, and added buttons to the face and body. 

I used probably half of 100gm double knit wool.

Lot's of other things being made....so keep watching this space !!!! x

4 comments:

  1. He looks so soft and cuddly. Lots of people love gingerbread men including me so he will be a quick sell. You have certainly got a busy month. Congratulations on your husband retiring make the most of the time together.
    Enjoy the day,
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan such a cute cuddly toy sure to sell quickly. Like the angel on the felt baubles you have made. Best wishes to hubby, he will find the same as the rest of us. He'll wonder how he had time to go to work. Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is really sweet Jan. I love his face and the ric rac looks fab!
    Hope you are well
    Hugs Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice
    What a cute fella he is.
    Hubby retiring? Must be early retirement if he's as young as you look! Keep him busy gal, keep him busy lol!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete