Followers

Translate

Sunday, 30 October 2016

Reindeer Gnome.....

  Morning all, hope you've all enjoyed your extra hour this morning !!!!

Here is a reindeer gnome, knitted from the same pattern as the Father Christmas gnome, that I showed a few days ago.

He was free kit in a magazine that I bought a little while ago, and had just got around to making up. He only stands at about 3 inches tall, so I could add some ribbon and make him a Christmas tree decoration.


The craft fair yesterday was my worst one to date. I didn't even make enough to cover the cost of the table.....(which is the first time that has ever happened). My friend also didn't cover the cost.....along with other stall holders who didn't sell anything and had to pay the full amount of the table costs......the reason???? not many people came through the doors....so no people ......no sales. My friend and I have decided not to do anymore at that venue, as the last couple of times we've been there hasn't been that great. But I guess you have to give it a few goes before you make your mind up.

I'm trying to be positive, my hubby keeps saying don't bother, but I will continue until the end of the year. I have another 7 fairs to do....so will keep everything crossed for those.


Enjoy the rest of the weekend.....hope it doesn't get too dark too soon tonight !!! x

3 comments:

  1. Love the reindeer he is so cute and different.

    How disappointing for you and your friend it's hard wrk getting a stall together and then waiting around for the people.
    My daughters friend us running her first one in a fortnight and we are both going to have a stall so don't know how it will go, she has done lots of advertising but at the end of the day if people don't come not much you can do.
    Hope you enjoyed your extra hour and have a pleasant Sunday.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable Jan, shame about the sale though. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to read of your disappointment a lot is down to the advertising of the event and nowadays you really have to advertise a lit and hope there are no other fayres nearby on the same day. Fingers crossed for the rest of the year. Your little reindeer is so cute. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete