Followers

Translate

Saturday, 1 October 2016

Reporting In !!!!!


Hello everyone, hope you are all well & happy on this dismal day (here in Kent anyway!)

I seem to be chasing my tail and getting nothing done!!!

Still busy decorating, then trying to keep up with the housework, plus I've had some more orders for spiders and pumpkins. "it doesn't rain but it pours" as the expression goes !!!

So I haven't got anything new to show as yet. I'm still knitting Mrs. Frosty. My friend has already claimed them as hers for her great grandchildren. I've also been asked to make some sock monkeys. So I've bought a cheap pair of stripey socks to have a practice on first. As I asked the customer to supply the socks and I'll make them. So will try and do next week to show you.


On a sadder note, It would have been my ex-M-I-L birthday today. She died March 2015, and it seems so sad that this is the second birthday that she hasn't been here for. I know life goes on, and the pain of losing someone does lessen in time.....but sometimes you just wish that nothing would change and that we could keep our loved ones with us always.

Sorry if I've made you all depressed now.....but sending big hugs to anyone who has lost some-one dear to them. xxxxx



5 comments:

  1. Hi Jan,
    oooooooooo! good luck with your decorating.
    So glad you have had all those orders for items.
    I agree with you about our loved ones.
    As you have been busy you wouldn't have seen the lovely animals and knitted brooches on C&C just now.
    If you have them on your computer try and have a look as they were gorgeous.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan,
    So pleased you are getting orders for your lovely work. Remember your love ones are still with you in your mind even thou you can not see them and they can't answer you. The sun is shining here after a dismal start. I am like you since I came back from my 4 hours in the variety shop this morning I can not settle to anything. Hugs
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan yesterday started sunny but the rain soon arrived. Hopefully the bit of sun we have now will stay so I can get the washing dry. Don't overdo the decorating work! Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan, I'm not surprised that you've got more orders for the spiders and pumpkins as they were really sweet. Hope Mrs Frosty and the sock monkeys go well. Sorry you are missing your ex MIL. I lost my dad in 2013, and as you say, life goes on, but I have days where I just wish I could have him back here beside me to chat about history and the things we loved. I know he is here with me in spirit but I still miss him.
    Hope you have a good weekend!
    Hugs Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janice,

    Missing your posts hope everything is alright with you and the family.
    Hugs
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete