Followers

Translate

Tuesday, 17 January 2017

Something A Little Different.....

Morning all, something a bit different from Knitting or crochet LOL !!

It's my mum's 80th birthday on the 27th. My two brothers and I have put together an album of her life from meeting my dad, getting married and having children, right up to today when she has 7 grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren. We've included all photos of the numerous dogs that my parents have had throughout their marriage. It was really lovely to look back at all the old photos. My dad was in the Navy, and there are loads of photos of him sporting a beard ( looks just like my youngest son did when he had a bushy beard recently).

As a birthday treat, we have clubbed together to arrange for her to feed the penguins at the zoo. Along with penguins, mum has always loved Elvis. I found this image on google and have melted it into a candle for her birthday.

This technique is so easy to do, but makes a simple, plain candle look so much more. 

I'm working on her birthday card at the moment.......keep changing my mind, as to what I want to do..... keep looking in for the end result....(hopefully before her birthday !!).

Bye for now. x

5 comments:

  1. Wow this sounds amazing Jan, I,m sure she will love the album and the candle, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jan you have really been busy sorting your Mum's memoirs. She is in for a treat feeding them penguins, I did it with one of my grandsons, great experience. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great candle Jan This was something I leaned before Christmas and proved a lot easier than I thought. Your memory book for your mum sounds a real work of love. Better add a box of tissues!! Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan,
    oh your Mum is going to be over the moon with that album and your lovely candle.
    The candle sounds like a fab thing to create.
    Looking forward to seeing your lovely card.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janice
    What a wonderful gift for your Mum along with the penguins and candle.
    You did well to print on tissue paper lol!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete