Followers

Translate

Tuesday, 7 February 2017

Easter Bunny in a bag (not cooked !!)


 Hi everyone, very late with the blog today.....the cold that hubby gave me took effect and made me lay low for a few days. Glad to say I'm feeling a lot better now.

Made this crochet Easter bunny on a crochet bag for the craft fairs. Basket is crocheted in chunky wool (or double knit wool - doubled ) and the bunny in double knit wool. Crochet is so fast and effective, I'm beginning to enjoy doing crochet more than knitting now. The original pattern had the bottom of the bag crochet using chunky plus tinsel wool, but I decided to have it plain. I have added a small bit of tinsel below the bunny, just to add a bit of interest, and also to make the bunny look more nestled into the bag. For the eyes, the pattern stated using safety eyes. I didn't have any, and I didn't want to add beads, so I cut 2 circles of felt and added the coloured glue in white pearl in the centre of each eye.

Did another craft fair on Monday morning at a local community hall, and sold my VW cushion, the chick holding the chocolate eggs and 2 valentines cards, so was really pleased.

No more craft fairs until start of March, so that will give me a bit more time to make things.

I've also been asked to make 30 wedding invitations for a friend's friend, so i'm in the process of coming up with a few samples and costs for her. Luckily she sent me a photo of what she would like (a simple card - thank god !!). I will post the final choice once she has chosen.


BTW, i emailed the magazine, that had supplied the kit for the lamb, where the dye had come off on my hands whilst knitting. They emailed me back the next day, full of apologies and are sending me some replacement wool, so I guess they must have had quite a few complaints. Sometimes it pays to complain !! I'm going to keep the lamb for myself, as I couldn't sell it anyone knowing the dye comes off, especially if a child wanted it.

Bye for now. x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janice
    Your bunny bag is brilliant. You are such an accomplished crocheter/knitter. You must have speedy hands too to gent all these amazing projects done so quickly.
    Hope you're feeling better soon.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete