Followers

Translate

Tuesday, 28 February 2017

Happy Birthday Daniel.....

 Morning all, today is my eldest son, Daniel, Birthday. He is 27 years old today and has loved Batman since the age of 2 years old. I've made this pop up twist card for him, using the Tattered Lace die (borrowed from a friend). Must say it makes it much easier to use and it fits into any size card. This is a 7 x 7 card. The wording was created using the Sihouette Portrait machine. I was able to use any font and make it any size. 
 Inside the twist card. Images of Batman through the years....1960's T.V programme, cartoon from the 1980's, Film, and finally Lego Batman movie that's on at the cinema at the moment. I went to watch it last week, and really enjoyed it !!

 I found some shop bought wrapping paper with the "fighting words" that was shown during the 1960's T.V show. So I cut them out and added them, along with a few stars onto the card. 
Must say, I'm really pleased with the result. I'm taking Daniel to "The Art of Brick" exhibition this week, as a birthday treat. It has lego brick sculptures of the DC comic heroes. 

 A couple of photos of Daniel, aged about 5 (above) and about 18 (below).....I made the costume above for him, and the cloak below.....he really does like Batman LOL !!!!
By for now. x

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, I bet Daniel loved that you showed us pics of him when he was 5 !!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super card. I've seen these dies on tv but decided I musn't be tempted! Have a lovely day. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    Fantastic card for your son. Bet he loved it. He probably won't love that you've shown those photos lol!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete