Followers

Translate

Thursday, 23 February 2017

Paper Roses......with a difference....

 Morning all, hope you are all well & happy today.

After the disaster of yesterday's blog.....here is a success !!

Crepe paper roses. The difference is that they have a lolly-pop covered in the centre of each rose.

I saw something on you tube, but using ferrero rocher chocolates inside the rose, but as I want to sell them at my craft fairs I decided against using these, as I would have had to label each rose "may contain nuts". Using a lolly-pop also gave me the stem to glue the rose to.
 I bought the crepe paper from "Rymans"- but I have to say it was rather a poor quality crepe paper. There wasn't many wrinkles in the paper, as you would expect. So that made it harder to shape. Also the paper was very thin, and at the beginning I had to throw a few bits away, as the paper had ripped.
Tomorrow I'm off to the Farnborough Craft Show. Hoping to say hello to John Lockwood on the "Art of Crafts stall. I haven't been to that show before, so am looking forward to seeing what's there. 

Will try and report back at the weekend, but my eldest is coming home again for a week (as it's his birthday on Tuesday), so will be busy tidying up the craft room.

Bye for now. x

3 comments:

  1. These are a great idea Jan. Must have missed yesterday, just looked, what a shame, I did try this last year but it was wayyyy to messy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan,
    beautiful roses.
    Such a very wonderful colour too.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    How pretty are these? They look great.
    I remember a song from when I was little about paper roses (Marie Osmond maybe?)
    Hope you got to catch John.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete