Followers

Translate

Sunday, 30 April 2017

V W Campervan Tea Cosy....

 Morning all, hope your bank holiday weekend is going great so far. I've spent the last couple of days re-organising my craft room, as it had got into such a mess. I've actually thrown some stuff out and put other bits on ebay. If they don't sell they will be thrown out too !!! 

Back to today's blog. I had knitted a couple of small shaped vw campervan cushions to sell at my craft fairs, and the amount of people who picked them up thinking they were tea cosies!! I didn't realise people still used tea cosies in this day and age of tea bags. I thought I would test the market by knitting a few different ones. This is the first. 

Of course I had to choose a VW camper van. Like my cushions before I've used felt for the sign and headlights. I think the cut circle of felt is so much neater than just knitting.
I've seen loads and loads of other patterns to choose from.....so I think I might be busy for quite a while LOL !!!

Enjoy the rest of your day and I'll see you next month !!! xx

3 comments:

  1. It looks great Jan, I didn't know they used them either, my Mum always used to use one but now tea is made in the cup. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice
    We use a teapot (or 2 actually as I have decaff) Saves keep boiling the kettle if you want a few cups so we have a cosy and we warm the pot first too lol!
    Makes us sound old but we're not hahaha! I love this as campervans remind me of my lovely friend Andy, who adores them.
    I saw a knitted duck one on the internet recently so they are popular.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Jan and there are always occasions when the pot comes out. xx

    ReplyDelete