Followers

Translate

Tuesday, 2 May 2017

Upgraded the Candles......


Morning all, hope you all had a lovely bank holiday weekend. I was in tidy up mode !! Some of my friends will be surprised to hear that as I keep telling them I don't do housework but just craft all day LOL !!!

In my craft room I have a large cupboard (which used to be my son's built in wardrobe). Like most children, when my son left home, he didn't take everything with him. I've been keeping it in the wardrobe, but finally decided that I need some more storage space for my crafting bits n bobs -------you'll be surprised at how much room "bits n bobs" take !!!! So after my son had gone back home on Friday, I emptied the cupboard and started sorting through things. 

I finally finished Monday afternoon !!!!

Some things of his we decided to put on ebay to sell. Also I've sorted a few things that I don't use and put them up for sale too. The stuff that he wanted to keep is now boxed up and labelled and in the garage for safe keeping. I've bought more storage boxes and now have them neatly arranged in the cupboard (mainly for my wool).

On Monday afternoon I sat in my craft room and did a couple more candles (see photo above). I had done the owl one twice before and each time have sold it at the very next craft fair, so I made another one.  The country garden scene is a serviette. The man's tools is made up from several stamps. I took the second layer off the country garden serviette and stamped onto that directly. Then as before melted it into the candle. I thought I would improve the presentation of them by making little gift cards too.


Then whilst I was doing this I decided to do the same with the other candles that I have in stock, plus add a clear gift bag and ribbon.

Looks more like a proper gift now.....what do you think?

Have a great week, and I'll see you all very soon. x







4 comments:

  1. Very professional Jan, I will have to try candles. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan,
    these are so very wonderful and beautifully created.
    Love the photo of them all wrapped up so nicely with their lovely cards.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    These are superb and doing the matching cards is a brilliant idea.
    Came across an idea in a Tesco magazine of selling jars of coloured Epsom Salts. You colour them with food colouring in a plastic bag, massaging the colour in, then alternate layers of plain and coloured in a jam jar. Ribbon and tag around the lid. You can add scent too.
    Something different?
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you'd candles Jan and the presentation makes them much more of a gift when selling them. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete