Followers

Translate

Tuesday, 20 June 2017

Here Comes The Bride......

 Morning all, hope you are all well and coping in this heatwave that we're having at the moment. I must admit that I find it too hot, especially at night. 

I've still managed to do some knitting, despite the heat LOL !!, and have knitted this bride bunny for a friend of mine. Her daughter is getting married in July. The pattern is a booklet by Alan Dart, and has the bride, groom, bridesmaid and a chimney sweep. 
 The bouquet is made up of loads of bullion knots. A bit like a french knot, but you wrap the wool over about 6 or 7 times before returning the needle. Also whereas in a french knot the needle returns to the same hole, in a bullion knot the needle returns further along, to give room for the knot to lay in a line.

My friend has some of the veil material left over from making her daughter's veil, so she will add it to the bunny. I'll try and get a photo when she's done it.



Other news.....the kitchen is coming along nicely now, with the worktops due to be installed tomorrow. My husband has just got to paint the walls, lay the flooring, install the dishwasher, fit the overhead island light shades.....oh and TIDY UP LOL !!!!!!!!!

We go on holiday Friday....so he better pull his finger out !!

Bye for now. xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jan,
    oh isn't she gorgeous and will look so pretty with the veil.
    You have just reminded me of my embroidery days with those flowers.
    Wish I could still do it.
    Also this reminds me of a pair of wedding bears dressed in their wedding finery that I bought my Son and DIL when they got married 20 years ago.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she is lovely Jan and the flowers are really unusual. Don't envy hubby working in this heat but it will be so nice if it is done before you go away. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another amazing knitted project Jan, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice
    Oh my, isn't this fabulous. You lost me at "knot" but fabulous lol!
    Hope you're having a good holiday. Sounds like Chas needed it lol!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete