Followers

Translate

Friday, 18 August 2017

Here Comes The Bride....


Morning all, another week almost over and the weekend looming ahead. 

A while ago, I was asked to knit a bride bunny for a friend's, daughters, wedding. This was the original pattern that was chosen. I had knitted all the components, but wasn't happy with the body. So I knitted a different bunny altogether and left all the bits in a bag.



 This is the bunny that I knitted


A few days ago I came across the bag and decided to knit another body and make the bride different from the original pattern.



This is the result !! I made the skirt out of net, instead of knitting as I thought it would be quicker to do. I also made a veil. The skirt has 2 layers of netting, the inner skirt shorter and not as full as the outer skirt. I bought some ready made small silk roses in lilac, and sewed them onto the sleeves, shoes, headdress and waist line.
 You can just about see her tail which is a ready made pom pom.


Doing a regular craft fair today, and another one tomorrow, so will report back some time over the weekend.

BTW, if you like shaun the sheep.....pop by tomorrow !!! x


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful Jan, dont you get some satisfaction, finishing a old project. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's bound to be a little girl who will fall in love with this at your fayres this week and as Wendy says how great to empty another bag holding an unfinished project. Hope the fayres go well best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan,
    I like them both they are both wonderfully created and so gorgeous.
    Hope you sell lots at the fair today.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete