Followers

Translate

Wednesday, 13 September 2017

First Batch Of Christmas Cards.....

 Morning all, half-way through the week, and I hope you've had a stress-free one so far !!

As promised, I have made some Christmas cards.  I had a day of cutting out the background (Sue Wilson background die - twinkle star) on a 6 x 6 card blank. Then I have backed each one using mirri card - different colour on each one. 
 The hard decision, was then what to put on each one ......
 .....and what greeting.....
 I had recently bought these small "first edition" & "Dovecraft" dies from "everycraftsapound". There were loads of things to choose from.  
 I decided to do the same greeting on each card in matching mirri card.
 ....But decided to do a second layer using  black card and off-set to create a shadow. (This gingerbread man was an x-cut die).
 ....each of the corner embellishments have been glittered first by using double sided tape and glamour dust.
This last die was "Cottage Cutz" - reindeer postage.

Well that's a start LOL !! Must do some more soon. Have made the decision to keep the cards small and simple this year. I will do larger more elaborate ones for friends and family that don't get posted. 

How are you getting on with Christmas ???? Have you started yet???? or, like some, almost finished ????

Let me know in the comments box. 

See you soon. x

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Jan. I have done about 80 upto now. I have made some 4x4 for packing into packs to sell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan like the "batch" you have made. I have made a few cards but I find it difficult to sell cards at Christmas when they are so cheap in the shops but to use up some of the kits I have I just do a few each year but have to sell them really at a loss. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete